Sunday, January 19, 2014

Oh, Hi!

I am back.  But this time I'm REALLY back.  There's probably not anyone here anymore, and I'm sure that I'm talking to myself here, but hey...I'm good company!

Let me get you up to speed.  As is my way, I'll give the bad news first.

The bad news is, I think that I've gained most of my weight back.  There.  It's out there!  And in truth, I can't tell you when it started.  What I can tell you is that, for me, gaining weight is tied to me not weighing in, not counting calories, and not doing purposeful exercise.  Surprise, right?  No.  Of course not.  Despite what some say, the key to weight loss is no special formula, no secret cleanse, no fad diet.  It's calories in < calories out.  That's really it.  Seems so easy, doesn't it?  And it is.  We are the only monkey wrenches that are thrown into that simple equation.  And I am my own WORST monkey wrench.

The neutral news is that I haven't weighed myself in ages.  I've gone to the doctor for my regular exams over the past year, but I've turned my head when the nurse weighed me.  So I have no idea where I am, but I know that my clothes don't feel good.  And I know that I feel the extra weight.  I can just tell that I take up more space than before.  Depressing?  No.  A bummer?  Of course!

Now, to end with the good news.  :)  I am still physically active.  I am lazier, and I have less motivation to do things, but I do them anyway and I am capable of them.  Hubs and I have been skiing quite a bit this winter and have another trip planned next month.  We hiked through hiking season and summitted some very tough mountains.  Then again, there were some that we didn't summit.  We blamed it on not starting early enough, and therefore subsequently would be returning in the dark, which we didn't want to do, so we'd turn around.  But the truth is that we started plenty early.  I just required too many breaks and was hiking too slowly.  That makes me sad, but I know that I am not powerless over it.  Because what I also know is that it will just take a little more purposeful exercise to help me, and I can certainly manage that!

So here I am.  I am a statistic, I suppose.  And I'm a bit ashamed, to be honest, but I know that I'm not the only one fighting the battle.  I don't look down on anyone who is struggling with their weight, and so I shouldn't look down on myself.  Right?

Right.  :)

Stay tuned for Weigh-In Wednesday, please.  And if you're here, let me know.  :)  And be my cheerleader, because even if I don't want to admit it...it helps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am reading wifey!