Monday, February 8, 2010

A Fishy Weigh-In

Well, not really. I mean, they're two separate things here, but I thought it was a catchy title. ;)

What was fishy? My fish!!! Why is this exciting? I'll tell you. Hubs hates fish. HATES. He can't stand the smell of it, and he seems to have a really sensitive nose for it. The problem for me? I love fish. As much as Hubs hates it, I love it.

I have not bought fish for this house in the 3.5 years I've lived here. I just occasionally ordered it when we went out to restaurants, but otherwise...none. Because here's the problem...I can't always count on myself to cook. So if I go to the grocery store and buy fresh fish, I may or may not cook it that night. Or the next night...or even the next 5 nights. Whether or not I put effort into cooking something is directly proportional to my day at work, and that's usually unpredictable. If I don't cook it, it sits in the freezer and eventually gets freezer burnt, rendering it inedible. (I used to have a FoodSaver but it broke. I'm not buying another one just to freeze fish. LOL) Also, I swear...Hubs would be able to smell fish every time he opened the refrigerator for days afterwards, I just know it.

So color me freakin' excited when I found a package that has three separately vacuum-packed fillets in it! Oooooh, mamma mia!!! I bought some haddock and tilapia, and last night I stuck a haddock fillet in the refrigerator to thaw for today. If I didn't want it, I'd have thrown it back in the freezer. (If it's vacuum-packed, I don't really care about freezing and defrosting over and over. Is that bad?)

It was so yummy! I baked it with a little Essence of Emeril because that's what we had in the pantry, not because I knew what I was doing. It smelled great as it was cooking though, so I figured it was all right. Then I steamed a cup of broccoli and heated up 3/4 cup of Kashi Fiery Fiesta rice. Mixed it all together and OH MY GOD, it was awesome. All for only 300 calories! No...seriously. ;) On the side I had one Archer Farms Parmesan Twist for an other 45 calories - those things were sent to Earth directy from heaven. Hubs sat in the sunroom with me with his shirt covering his face. :p Not kidding.

The rest of the day was awesome! Fage and Trader Joe's Nutty American Trek Mix for breakfast, and a Clif Z Bar, baby carrots, and a V8 Fusion for lunch. My snack during my commute home was a little organic gala apple and a 100-calorie portion of almonds. I only totaled about 1200 calories today, so I'll be having another small snack tonight. Not sure what yet!

------------------------------------

My weigh-in was super cool this morning. :) 229.4 today, which is a 4.4-pound loss from last Monday! Don't be alarmed though...my period is finally over. ;) Felt good to pee out all of that water. LOL

That's a total of 69.2 pounds lost!
------------------------------------

Cheers, folks! :)

No comments: