Monday, February 22, 2010

Good News!

I figured out how to maintain my weight! The trick is to eat really well during the week and then just about completely screw up on weekends. Works like a charm!

...Too bad I'm not trying to maintain, eh? LOL

It's true though. Weighed myself this morning and I'm still the same weight as I was last Monday. The culprits? Probably the French fries and nachos on Friday night, the tortilla chips on Saturday night, and the lemon bar last night. I knew the scale wouldn't show a drop this morning, and I suppose I was okay with it because I ate all of those things anyway! LOL Oh, and Valentine's Day candy here and there throughout the week...that's gone now, thank God. It was in my belly. ;)

So, this week I have to do better, that's all. I'm going to hydrate well today and re-weigh tomorrow, because I do feel like I might be holding on to some fluid from all the salt I consumed. Dining out 3 times in 3 days will do that to you. But hey, I didn't gain, and I got my exercise in this weekend even though I didn't want to do it, so that's good. And I know that life happens (holidays, dinners out, etc.) and I tend to give myself a break on stuff like that because it's going to be there forever. BUT...if I want to see the numbers drop, I need to do better. So this is going to be a good week!

I'm home from work today, so I've only had a coffee thus far. Breakfast will be a fat-free muffin Hubs and I bought from the store yesterday - not exactly the most natural product, but sometimes I want a muffin and don't want to use 400 calories for it! So a muffin it is, for 150 calories and about the same number of ingredients. LOL Lunch will be sushi (280 calories), and dinner will most likely be either an oatmeal concoction or a rice and veggie combo. We'll see. Will I work out today? Meh...maybe. LOL Too tired at the moment to even think about it, need to finish my coffee. ;)

Happy Monday!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I remember I was craving a muffin on my way home from a vacay and demolished the whole thing..only to look at the stats and realize it was 650 calories!!! Wowza!

I would be proud to not have gained any weight after splurging on the weekends! Sometimes you just have to cave in so you don't completely fool yourself - at least it helps with me!

Nicole said...

Duuude, I so hear you about muffins! They're like little calorie bombs, aren't they?

Thanks for the encouragement!!! :)

Kelly Turner said...

it's all about consistency! Take each choice as it comes and do your best to make the best one!