Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Frankenfish

Why the title?  Who knows.  I'm currently reading Frankenstein so that I can discuss its psychoanalytic  aspects with one of my supervisors, and I had fish for dinner tonight.  And I heard the term "Frankenfish" somewhere...  Hubs has been referring to the book as Frankenstuff.  We're so weird.

I have to give all you food bloggers credit.  I don't know how you take beautiful pictures of your food all day AND get a chance to post them.  That's amazing.  But anyway, on with the show!

Breakfast was coffee, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/8 cup blueberries, and 1/4 cup of Cinnamon Omega Walnuts.  I've never seen those before except at our grocery store, but they're awesome!  Breakfast was 312 calories:

No, that is NOT sugar on the blueberries!  They're frozen.





























My noon snack was a Clif Z Chocolate Brownie bar again, which I didn't photograph.  I forgot...sorry!  I'm the worst blogger.

Lunch was delicious...I had a whole wheat bagel thin with a Garlic and Herb Laughing Cow wedge, 1.5 ounces of leftover Easter turkey, and pickled jalapenos, plus a little organic Gala apple.  251 calories:














When I came home, I TOTALLY snuck a bite of the carrot cake I baked!  I did photograph it though, and I did calculate the calories per serving just for kicks.  That was about 95 calories.

Well, I photographed the whole cake...but trust me on how much I had.

No, I did NOT eat that whole piece out of the corner!  Hubs had something to do with that.  ;) 














Dinner was 7 ounces (!!!) of baked haddock and a cup of steamed broccoli.  I honestly thought I only defrosted one 4-oz. piece of haddock, but there was a little one hiding!  Rather than toss it, I just ate it.  It's good for you!  241 calories:















That's just some Essence of Emeril seasoning on there.  Nothing fancy!

However...let's not talk about how I dropped my dinner on the floor thought right before I ate it.  I was SO disappointed, because I really wanted that fish.  LOL  So...I'll tell you what I did.  I rinsed the fish off in hot water and threw it in the microwave for 30 more seconds to zap any nasties!  LOL  I did make some more broccoli though, that was easy.  ;)  I have no shame!!!

My snack tonight - a sugar-free chocolate chip muffin that they make in my grocery store with 1/2 tablespoon of Brummel and Brown for a total of 172 calories:















With my exercise today (I burned 224 calories running for 30 minutes according to my HRM), I've only netted 965!  Eeeek!  This will call for a Harry and David snack tonight.  ;)  I'll let you know all about it tomorrow, and I will have a picture. 

Good night, all!

No comments: