Monday, November 30, 2009

Holy COW!

No, literally. LOL

My fun little food vacation came to an end today, and it's been a good day. :) I had an apple and a Light Babybel cheese for breakfast, one of my yummy black bean burger tortilla wraps for lunch, a Hungry Girl Brownie Muffin for a snack, and a Hungry Girl Mexi-Tato for dinner. Yum! Plus there's been adequate hydration with over two liters of water. Oh, and I finally pooped. Sorry if that's too much. LOL

Okay, so now on to the bad stuff...eeeek!

So, Thanksgiving was a bit of a problem, of course. I ate too many pieces of cheese with crackers, too much stuffing, and too much dessert. Friday was supposed to be an "on the wagon" day but the leftovers were too tempting. I justified it to myself by saying to Hubs, "Well really, if we're going to New York City this weekend, I don't know that it would make much difference for me to eat well today." I said this as I popped an Oreo truffle in my mouth and then loaded up a plate with turkey, stuffing, and broccoli casserole. Broccoli casserole, by the way, is delicious and disgusting at the same time. It's made with Velveeta...have you ever actually touched Velveeta? Oh my God, it's got the grossest texture ever. But when it gets all melty and mixed with buttery Ritz crackers I can't resist. I know, I'm gross too, especially because Hubs and I try to eat natural/organic foods as often as possible. Let's not think about the chemicals and preservatives.

New York City was a total bust. Lunch was a chicken quesadilla...not horrible. But dinner was a VERY thick, very cheesy shrimp and scallop risotto. Oh, and we stopped at Magnolia Bakery and got some scrummy treats. Hubs and I each got a red velvet cupcake (which we ate before lunch), and for after-dinner I got a red velvet cheesecake and Hubs got a caramel pecan cheesecake. I will say this - they were worth the calories! We also got sugary, roasted cashews from a street vendor, and we split a street vendor hot dog at some point. Oy ve.

Sunday was supposed to be my return to the wagon, but you see that it turned into today. Why? Because I had half of my $30 risotto left over and wasn't going to toss it. Oh, and because we stopped for breakfast on the way home and I desperately wanted the breakfast that came with cinnamon sugar biscuits. What can I say? I'm a mess.

I got on the scale this morning because I'm a glutton for punishment. I won't dare tell you what it said, but I'm hoping that it looks a little better by Friday. ;)

That's what I get!

No comments: