Thursday, December 10, 2009

Honestly? REALLY?

Okay...seriously? WTF.

Hubs and I decided to have dinner together at the diner tonight. That may sound Whiskey Tango and wrong, but it's really not. Diners are great places to eat when you're watching your calories. Egg white omelettes with tons of veggies? Count me in. So I was excited when I asked the waiter what came in their Spanish omelette and he answered, "Peppers, onions, salsa, and cheese."

I told him that sounded great, just hold the cheese, and please make it with egg whites. I also ordered a side of whole wheat toast and planned on eating the home fries that came with the eggs. (They're baked, not fried.)

Imagine my surprise when my plate came out looking like a goddamned murder scene. The egg whites were beautiful and fluffy, the home fries were nice and crispy...

...and there was vegetable soup poured all over my egg whites.

Waiter? Hi. That's not peppers, onions, and salsa. That, my Spanish friend, is vegetable soup. And that is f*cking disgusting.

But I was nice. I called him over.

"Listen...this isn't your fault. I thought the vegetables were going to be fresh and in the omelette. This? This is the most unappetizing thing I've ever seen in my life. Let's try again and just do an egg white omelette with peppers, onions, and mushrooms. Please."

So Dinner 2.0 was lovely. But Hubs has already made the decision that we'll never return to the Soupy Egg Diner.

Weigh-in tomorrow! Stay tuned...I'm not feeling hopeful. Despite staying at my calorie limit every day this week, the scale is not budging. Ugh.

No comments: