Monday, December 28, 2009

We Are Idiots

Hubs and I are stupid. We really are. We insist on eating until we're disgusted with ourselves.

This morning was good. I had an egg white omelette with veggies, some baked home fries, and an English muffin. Then Hubs and I burned over 1500 calories snow hiking. I'm not kidding! That's really how much we burned. We hiked for 2 hours. We worked up a bit of an appetite after that so we had lunch, and we did...okay. We both got soup (French onion for me, chili for him) and split an appetizer of which we brought back better than half. It's sitting in the refrigerator but I doubt it'll get touched. It's just too heavy - sliced potatoes with bacon and cheese, baked. Gross. Just thinking about it makes me want to puke.

We also ate too much dinner. It wasn't bad food...it was just entirely too much.

Hubs and I feel awful. I miss the feeling of having a small, light-feeling stomach. Instead I feel heavy, sluggish, tired, and nauseous. I haven't been really hungry for any of our meals here, and that's because I eat too much at one and it just doesn't digest before it's time for the next. Also, I'm not drinking enough water; my rings are tight again and I just feel toxic. I know that sounds dramatic and ridiculous, but I can't think of a better word for it.

I refuse to feel this way tomorrow. It's not going to happen.