Saturday, December 5, 2009

Stick a Fork in Me...I'm Done

Oh, I SO am.

I had my cheat meal today, and I feel absolutely grotesque. Like seriously, I feel like there's a brick in my stomach. But let's start off with the good.

Because I knew I was going to be having a big dinner tonight, I tried to keep it down during the day. For breakfast I scrambled up 1/2 cup of Egg Beaters, 1/4 cup of sausage-style soy crumbles, and 1/8 cup of fat-free cheese. Then I stuffed it into an olive oil tortilla (90 calories) with about a tablespoon of salsa. It was so good and filling, and only 200 calories! Still more than my typical yogurt and fruit breakfast, but it was nice to have something different.

Lunch was Bumble Bee seafood salad and crackers for 150 calories. Totally processed and gross, I know. Please don't judge me. I also had a package of chocolate peanut butter cupcakes for an extra 180.

Later for a snack I had 3 squares of Green & Black's 85% dark chocolate for 70 calories.

Not terrible, right?

Well, dinner was just disgusting. Hubs and I shared a mini onion blossom, which is about as nasty as you can get. We didn't eat the whole thing - go us. I also had a dinner roll with butter before our meals came out. My dinner was pork loin, a side of steamed broccoli, and a very small serving of french fries, of which I only ate half. That concluded dinner, and I could've lived with that.

After dinner we went to Barnes and Noble. From the Starbucks in there I ordered a light Caramel Frappuccino (130 calories) and was debating on what snack I was going to get (as if I needed it). My eyes kept going to the Godiva Double Chocolate cheesecake, but I kept talking myself out of it. That is just WAY too many calories and a heinous amount of fat. I had instead mentally chosen an oatmeal raisin cookie, which I would have left half of for Hubs. But leave it to me to be an idiot...as soon as it was my turn to order, I blurted out, "Godiva cheesecake, please."

It was heavenly. No...it really was. Delicious. But I try to be honest with myself most of the time, and honestly I don't know that it was worth my calories. I mean, it was great...but I bet I could've gotten satisfied by something else. Ah well. Lesson learned.

About 2 hours after Hubs and I got home, I ate some Sweet Chili Brown Rice Chips. They were Le Yum, but now I hate myself. Getting back on the wagon will feel good tomorrow.

Yuck. Goodnight.

No comments: