Saturday, December 19, 2009

Last Night

Okay...last night wasn't awful, but it wasn't wonderful.

First, I had about 600 calories left over when we got to our friends' house. The wife asked what we wanted for dinner, and I just requested something healthy. Well, I'll tell you...it was healthy, and it was amazing!

First, we had a salad with mixed greens, zucchini, grape tomatoes, and little mini fresh mozzarella balls. There was a choice of Caesar dressing or balsamic vinegar and olive oil, so I chose the latter and was heavier on the vinegar. Then we had butternut squash soup...holy YUM! She said it was just squash, carrots, chicken stock, and 1 tbsp of butter for 9 cups of soup. I estimate that I had about a cup and a half, so not bad. It was amazing!

The main course was ridiculously good. Whole wheat rotini pasta, with roasted grape tomatoes, zucchini, and green beans. She tossed it all in only a little bit of olive oil and then added some fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese before throwing it in the oven for 5 more minutes. It was SO YUMMY. The problem was that I had about a cup and a half of this...the bigger problem is that I was full after about a cup, but I didn't stop eating because I didn't want to be rude. That's terrible...I should've just put my fork down. By the time I finished I was uncomfortably full.

I also had a very small piece of rosemary sourdough bread and about 6 oz. of homemade sangria. The sangria was like heaven... Our friend kept saying, "Really, this should be considered a health drink!" The whole mixture had a bottle of red wine, 1/2 cup triple sec, 1/2 cup brandy, 2 cups of pomegranate juice, plus some apples, grapes, oranges, and pomegranate seeds floating around. I could see her point of the health drink thing - antioxidants, the health benefits of red wine, all of that fruit...I'm on board with that! ;)

Dessert was a holy disaster. This was our task for the night, and totally ignoring the promise I made to myself of getting things I didn't care for, I bought 4 cannolis and a chocolate truffle cake! Oh, for the love of GOD. I had half a cannoli, a piece of cake (decent sized, but not enormous), and the cake icing that Hubs' left behind. I felt extremely gross after all of that and was kind of disappointed that I'd eaten so much.

Today is a new day though, and all is well. :) I had about 10 ounces of coffee early this morning and just finished a container of nonfat Fage yogurt with 1/4 cup of blueberries for a grand total of 130 calories this morning. Lunch is a salmon, avocado, and spinach sandwich on Ezekiel bread. Maybe oatmeal for dinner.

And on the exercise front, Hubs is putting the treadmill together as I type! The only problem with starting my exercise today is that my asthma has been giving me a LOT of trouble since yesterday, so I may have to push the start of my C25K to tomorrow. But it's not because I don't want to do it...it's because I don't want to die.

Happy Saturday!!!

2 comments:

monicaonthego.com said...

Hi, new to your blog, its great. Good luck in your weight loss efforts. Yay on the new treadmill! You will love having it.

*check out my raw revolution bar giveaway over tomorrow*

Nicole said...

Thanks Monica! :) Glad you're enjoying my silly ramblings. I'm on my way to visit your blog right now!